1 October 2014

Top 10: Lipsticks Review

Hi guys!


This one’s been heavily requested (according to Rama) so I’m going to do a quick review of 10 of my go-to lipsticks/balms. I’ve tried to include a combination of nudes and more vivid colours just so you guys get to look at it from a broader perspective. I’ve also tried to do a combination of high-end and drugstore brands to make it slightly more universal (YSL or Chanel aren’t included because I’m poor).




The lipsticks I have chosen come from various brands: Revlon, MAC, Bourjois and Rimmel. Most of them can be purchased in Priceline (ranging from about $8 to $25) and the MAC ones can be purchased in Myer or any other retailers who supply MAC products ($36). It was so hard to choose 10 out of my collection but I managed, haha.



I’ll try to do an individual review on all of them for you guys. Just letting you know beforehand that I’m a huge fan of nude lipsticks, so you might encounter some that look quite similar in the photos here but quite different on your lips, depending on your skin tone.




Revlon Fire & Ice ($21.95) – Probably one of my favourite red lipsticks ever. I constantly refer to it as my ‘Rita Ora’ lipstick because of reddish-orangeish tone. Perfect for summer nights or if you have warm-toned makeup on and it complements a dark smokey eye amazingly. It’s also a dupe for MAC’s ‘Lady Danger’ so it’ll save you about $15 :)


Revlon Cherries in the Snow ($21.95) – Another amazing colour by Revlon. These lipsticks are probably one of the most consistent and moisturising lipsticks I’ve ever owned. It comes out as a hot pink so it’s perfect for when you want to have a sudden pop of colour on your lips. It’s perfect for most skin tones, you can’t go wrong with this colour!


MAC Spirit ($36) – I’ve just recently bought this colour (on Monday, in fact) but it’s already one of my favourite colours. From their matte collection, this is the perfect ‘Kylie Jenner’ nude (for my skin tone, anyway). It’s perfect for everyday use – whether it be at work or at school. Would definitely recommend it.


MAC Brave ($36) – Coming out as more of a pink than a nude, this colour is absolutely amazing when you don’t want to go crazy but you don’t want to go nude either. It’s simple, yet elegant and suitable for day-to-day use.


MAC Hug Me ($36) – If you wanted something nude yet glossy, this would be your go-to lipstick. It’s lighter than ‘Spirit’, but shinier so it draws attention to your lips in a subtler manner. Moisturising and long-lasting, would definitely recommend.


Rimmel 720 Notting Hill Nude ($13.95) – Basically a dupe for MAC ‘Hug Me’, just semi-matte. It’s ultra moisturising and only $14!


Bourjois Rouge Edition #17 ($19) – This is definitely my go-to summer colour! It’s on the pink side of coral and just an incredible colour. It glides on effortlessly and it complements any summer look flawlessly.


Rimmel 120 Cutting Edge ($11.95) – My absolute favourite deep purple/pink. It just looks incredible on, and is best for when you want to look fierce and fabulous. It also complements all skin tones, so that’s definitely a plus.


Rimmel by Kate in 107 ($13.95) – The perfect deep red for any occasion – I can’t even find words to explain. It’s a semi-matte finish so it’s quite the bitch to take off but I can’t even imagine myself finding a substitution for it. Definitely recommend!


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 215 ($17.95) – Best if you want a true purple lip. For a matte lipstick, it’s so rich and moisturising and lasts ages! All colorburst lipsticks would be a personal recommendation from me!


So that’s basically it! Let me know if you liked any of the colours in the comments below, and if you have a question, don’t hesitate to contact me (either on twitter, ask.fm, or in the comments below)!


Much love,
Tina x


No comments:

Post a Comment