24 March 2015

Degrees, Degrees, Degrees.

Ciao. 
I am actually running out of different ways to greet you guys, I’m going to start speaking different languages.


Here, we thought it’d be good to give you guys a look into our university degrees, what it entails and our thoughts on our degree. Hopefully it might be of assistance to those who are unsure of what they want to do! 
We wish you the best of luck with whatever you’ve chosen/chose to do!


I’m doing a Bachelor of Psychology; I chose to do this because I want to help people, to make a positive impact on their life. In starting the course, I didn’t realize there was so much biology and maths involved. These are my major weaknesses, but they weren’t any pre-requisites for the course. Apart from those—I really enjoy doing the course. I’ve learnt about how humans work, why humans behave in a way, about psychology theorists, how to write research papers, the different stages we go through cognitively and behaviourly different types of therapy and all about logical thinking. It’s really interesting to learn about how all the things we do but don’t think about, are actually conditioned responses we’ve learnt. With any subject in university, comes a lot of content, lectures, tutorials and readings (if I'm honest, I don't do half of them), you can always ask for help if needed. If you’ve got any questions about my course, I will be happy to answer them! Just comment below, or send me a question here. Rama x


Hiyaaa, I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Communication), majoring in Public Relations and sub majoring in media. I chose this because I wanted to do publicity and PR for certain events and products. It's an alright course, not much workload - I'm literally in uni for nine hours a week, three days a week. But there are 599389 pages of readings to do and they're not exactly light in wording either so if you're not a fan of tricky phrases and what seems to be ye olde english, then you are not ready for this jelly haha. Only problem I have with the course is that it's a very competitive industry (not so much as journalism, but still pretty competitive), especially since I want to get into luxury brands. You need to build up a lot of contacts in order to even get into the industry itself. Also, crisis control that comes with PR is bloody stressful, you have to be a quick thinker to come up with a resolution for your client that doesn't demote their business in any way (think: dove beauty campaign a la 2011). But yeah, that's basically the gist of it. If you do choose it as a path, let me know in the comments below and start preparing yourself for literature reviews and a tidal wave of essays. Tina x 


Heya it’s Ayshe here and most of what I do at university involves looking out for potential hotties with low self-esteem but Rama’s just informed me that that was not what she was after.
Nah, but real talk. I’m currently in my third and final year of my undergraduate degree and I’m studying a Bachelor of Medical Science which I’ve been rather enjoying. It’s very science-y though and would take a rather long time for me to explain the ins and outs of all the units and options you’ve got with it, so I’m not going to do that here or else we’d be here all day. If you are interested and want to know more about it then I highly encourage you to send me some questions, whether it be in the comments on here or anywhere else you can find me.
The basic low down though, is that I study quite a bit of Human Anatomy and the various systems and defenses we have in our body. There’s also some chemistry involved which I hated and I don’t know about other places but I had to do a semester of math (ew, I know. Wasn’t too bad though, I got through it).
Be warned though, there is a shitload of content – oh, a hot guy just walked by…shit, what was I saying? Oh, right. Content. Yeah, there’s a load of content and the textbooks are thick and heavy and I suggest you DO NOT buy them. I tend to just borrow mine out of the library when I need them.
Um, I’m not sure if anyone's read our (late) introductions, but if you did you might recall that I want to do medicine. Well, Med Sci is a great transition course into that (amongst other degrees) and that’s also another reason why I’m doing it. This post is now getting way too long and I actually have a lot more to say, but I’m going to stop here and hope that maybe you guys will find me on twitter, ask.fm and hell, even tumblr to inquire more. Until then, adios. xx

Ola! So I'm in my first year of university currently studying a bachelor of science with an ?unkown? Major?¿? My core subjects are biology and chemistry (kill me) and if I'm  being honest I hate science BUT it's been my life long dream (cheesy I know) to become a doctor. Yes that's right there's two of us hehe. My electives are behavioural neuroscience and introduction into bioethics and healthcare and they're pretty interesting so far. Much like my peers I spend more time at uni looking for hot boys than I do paying attention in my lectures oops, but yo I pay attention in my labs cause my partner is hot (thanks so much.) If any of you are thinking of getting into a bachelor of science course, my advice is DO IT the course is so broad and opens so many doors you could literally go anywhere with it, so if you're unsure but you love science then go for it. Here is a link to my ask.fm for any questions. Xx Kimiz 


Hope this helps! Ayshe, Kimerah, Rama and Tina x

No comments:

Post a Comment