29 March 2015

Movies/TV Shows Anyone?

Helllooooo! So, we all have our moments where life becomes too hard and everything seems bleak and we just want to curl up as a ball in bed and just. do. nothing. Right?

Well, I know that I do.

And so, I thought I’d share with all of you the top five things I like to watch/listen/read when I’m in one of my highly antisocial moods – which, I should add, happen all too often. No, seriously, they happen at least once a week.

Anyway, here goes!


MOVIES:

I’m actually super picky person when it comes to the type of movies I watch (mainly because I genuinely have the attention span of a goldfish which is like 3 seconds, I think. Who knows really).

5. Stand By Me (1986)
Normally I’m not really much of a fan of any movie that was filmed before the 2000’s but this movie (and a select few others) is so - excuse the French - fucking good. It’s about a man reminiscing about a journey to find a dead body he took with three of his friends and it bloody well made me cry.

4. Up (2009)
Honestly, if you’ve not seen this movie I don’t know what you’ve been doing with your life. It’s my all time favouirte animated movie - and for good reason. It made me cry within the first ten minutes of movie time and I didn’t spend one second on my phone (which, yes, I sometimes do when I’m watching a movie. Attention span of a fish remember?) Anyway. It follows the story of an elderly man who is finally going on the adventure him and his late wife always planned to go on, but he accidentally (and unwillingly) brings along a boy scout and the story goes from there.

3. 21/22 Jump Street (2012/14)
Channing Tatum. What more needs to be said? Two of my all time favourite comedies, hands down. I don’t think I even need to explain the plot for these, everyone knows them.

2. The Avengers (2012)
I’m going to kind of cheat for these last two recommendations because honestly, to watch Avengers you kinda (not really) need to watch Thor, Iron Man and Captain America. It’s so worth watching them all though! Each movie is better than the last one – even if the last one was freaking fantastic. But yeah, If you need a full blown action movie where you worry more about how much it’s going to cost to repair the damage the city undergoes than the actual alien invasion (like me) then I recommend Avengers be your go to.

1. Harry Potter Series (2001-11)

And alas, we come to numero uno which is like 8 movies rolled into one. Harry Potter ruled the greater part (actually it was practically all) of my adolescence. I grew up with the boy who lived and I was near tears when the final chapter of our life together closed. These eight movies and seven books are a lot more than what they seem- to me, anyway. Harry Potter taught me about prejudice and race and the destruction of too much power in one persons hand. It also showed me that friendship and love are two of the most powerful weapons in the world. I could go on about Harry Potter for an entire essay (no, I seriously could) but I won’t. If you’re an avid fan though, seriously hit me up we’ll be best friends.


TV SHOWS:

Alright, so my movie recs kind of went overboard so I’m going to try and keep my TV Shows short and sweet. Try being the key word.

5. House MD (imdb: 8.9/10)
Alright all my medicine lovers, House is my absolute favouirte medicine related drama. Yeah, Grey’s Anatomy is also pretty great, but personally I prefer House. Mainly because it’s more disease oriented and helps me with uni (sometimes). Also, Grey’s lost its appeal after around season seven and Hugh Laurie’s character is a total douche in House and I love it.

4. Arrow (imdb: 8.2/10)
Oh, my god. Alright listen, Stephen Amell has such a killer body and is almost shirtless in every episode that I would watch this show even if it had a shit plot (which it doesn’t). The continuous flashbacks into Oliver’s life are seamlessly integrated into the plot and help us get a feel as to what he’s been through without dumping it all on us at once. Which I think it great because of my attention span. I feel like I should warn you all though: you will be so so so frustrated with Oliver and Felicity and their refusal to JUST KISS ALREADY, DAMMIT.

3. Modern Family (imdb: 8.6/10)
Fuck, this show is so hilarious. That’s all I really feel the need to say. Just watch it. It’s so relatable too, with its family dynamics. It’s the perfect comedy when youre in need of something light to watch.

2. Teen Wolf (imdb: 7.8/10)
Alright, so I’ll be the first to admit that maybe the first two seasons weren’t the greatest start for this show, but it really picks up during season three and PSA: Derek Hale is like the perfect person, I am in love.

1. Shameless (imdb: 8.7/10) *
And now, we come to my (right now) all time favourite show. Rama, Tina, Kimerah (and all of twitter tbh) all know how much I love this show. The storyline behind each individual character pulls you into their lives to the point where their pain is felt as if it was your own. It follows the life of six kids who are forced to basically raise themselves due to a drunk father and an absent mum. It’s a mix of comedy, romance, drama and angst and it’s definitely a show that needs to be watched!

*NSFW – there’s quite a bit of nudity, but it dies down.


And there we have it folks, Ayshe’s top five movies and Tv shows! If you have any questions about these that youre not bothered to google, feel free to contact me on social media!

Until then, toodles! x

No comments:

Post a Comment